Recalling an email in Outlook can be a helpful way to fix a mistake or prevent an embarrassing situation. You can recall an email in Outlook with the help of the steps and advice provided in this post.
What is email recall?
Email recall is a feature of Outlook that allows you to retract an email message after you have sent it. This can be useful if you sent the incorrect email, or if you want to change your decision.
When should I recall an email?
There are a few different reasons why you might want to recall an email. Here are a few examples:
- You made a mistake in the email, such as sending it to the wrong person or including sensitive information.
- You forgot to include something important in the email.
- You simply changed your mind about sending the email.
How to recall an email in Outlook
To recall an email in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open the Sent Items folder.
- Double-click on the email that you want to recall.
- On the Message tab, in the Actions group, click Recall This Message.
- In the Recall This Message dialog box, select one of the following options:
- Delete unread copies of this message: This will remove the email from the recipient’s inbox if they haven’t opened it yet.
- Delete unread copies and replace with a new message: This will remove the email from the recipient’s inbox if they haven’t opened it yet and send them a new email in its place.
- Click OK.
Tips for getting the most out of email recall
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of email recall:
- Act quickly. You can prevent someone from reading an email if you immediately remember it.
- Be careful who you send emails to. Make sure that you are sending your emails to the correct people before you click Send.
- Use email recall sparingly. Recalling an email can be a helpful tool, but it should not be used as a substitute for proofreading and careful consideration before sending an email.
An effective technique for fixing errors and averting awkward situations is email recall. By following the steps in this guide, you can easily recall an email in Outlook.